Themes & Projects
Climate Vulnerability Profiling
- Lack of understanding of the city level climate vulnerability and the nature of actions needed for climate resilient development
- Need for Government and institutional frameworks for building resilient infrastructure at the city level
- Vulnerability profiles and matrix for 20 Indian cities
- Assessment of urban resilience measures, helping cities minimize the impact of climate change its inhabitants.
Emerging Mechanisms And Response Of Cities To Climate
Policy brief on Emerging Mechanisms and Responses of Cities to Climate Change – ACCCRN
Need for Policy discourse on emerging mechanisms, responses and measures needed for prioritizing climate resilience into city development.
Guidance document for decision makers at national/state/city government levels on Urban Climate Change Resilience
Urban Climate Vulnerability Index
Assessing Urban Climate Vulnerability Index for Six Indian cities – Srinagar, Delhi, Shillong, Chennai, Mumbai and Bangalore.
A qualitative and quantitative framework to identify climate hazard vulnerability of the selected cities
- Climate vulnerability scorecard with 7 thematic indicators (Physical, Hazard, Social, Demographic. Financial Provisioning, Infrastructure and Administration vulnerability)
Policy Landscape For Urban Climate Resilience
Mainstreaming Climate Resilience in Urban Development; Policy landscape for urban resilience for the cities of Gorakhpur, Surat and Indore
Climate induced natural hazard vulnerability of cities
- Identified opportunities to orient urban development programmes to promote city-level climate resilience
- Research findings shared at national-level and city-level
- Integrated policy framework suggested, for coordinated decision making.
Developing Climat E Resilient Smart Cities
Policy level engagement for developing Climate Resilient Smart Cities
Need for engaging decision-makers on urban climate change resilience and integrating the concepts into wider planning courses
- Policy recommendations and interventions for developing Climate Resilient Smart Cities in India
- Smart Solutions for Disaster Resilience and Management in smart cities
Rapid Assessment Of Vulnerability To Climate Change
Rapid assessment of vulnerability to climate change in 14 Indian cities
- Need for a methodological framework and index for rapid assessment of urban climate vulnerability
- Non-availability of baseline data for socio-economic and infrastructure characteristics
Methodological framework for rapid climate vulnerability assessment, efficient urban policies and programmes
Higs Framework Of Climate Resilient Urban Development
Working paper on Hazards, Infrastructure, Governance, Socio-economic (HIGS) variables framework for Climate-Resilient Urban Development.
- A lack of framework to analyse city-level climate risks which integrates physical and meteorological hazards
- Analysis of infrastructure and urban services; Governance variables; and socio-economic and demographic indicators
- A customizable approach for cities to analyse their vulnerability in order to understand potential areas of corrective action
- Information on urban development and management shared with national, state, and local policymakers
- Framework enabled cities to autonomously assess their vulnerability using the HIGS framework